We welcome the new year after having a few weeks off, feeling refreshed and re-energized! There have been a couple of new features this month to write about with more on the way.
You can now raise POs in Allio! This was a pretty big module to build so let’s run through the detail of the core functionality and additional features coming with this module.
Raise a PO from a job or multiple jobs
Navigate to a job and click on the new ‘Costs’ tab. This will allow you to select the job costs you would like to add to the PO. Once you click the button you will be taken to the PO to add the supplier, supply dates etc. You can then issue and send the PO as an email to the supplier.
Alternatively, you can click on ‘Purchases’ from the main menu, click ‘New’ and raise a PO for job costs from multiple jobs for the one supplier.
Once a PO has been issued, you can receipt it. Simply click on the PO, and in the menu in the top right select “Receipt PO”. Here you will be asked to enter the number of units received and the unit price. If it’s full reciepted, leave it as is and click save. Job Costs will then have the actual costs reflected on the job and job profit report and the PO will either be marked as receipted or partially receipted.
By navigating to settings, you can choose the format of your PO numbers, and how the PO will look via templates. We’ve created an example for you but put your logo on it and make it yours! This will be sent as a PDF when you send the PO.
What's next for POs?
We have a number of plans we would love your feedback on. In the pipeline right now is:
– The ability to add new costs to a job from the PO by selecting other items
– The ability to add costs to jobs via other means such as “Credit card” or “Employee reimbursement”
Are there other features you would like to see?
Safety - Incidents
Incidents happen and the more you can encourage reporting the more you can gain visibility over what’s happening. We’ve built incidents to be easy to use, with one click reporting and the ability to @ mention team members so everyone is on the same page. With Allio incidents you can:
– Create your own incident types such as injuries, near misses, observations and hazards.
– Record incidents with just one click
– Update incidents, provide information about what happened and add locations, jobs and other information
– @ mention team members
We think it’s pretty useful and easy to use, but we’d love your feedback about what else you would like to see.
What we are working on
The team is constantly working away on new features, in the pipe to drop next is:
– Safety forms – SWMS, Checklists, Audits etc
– Mobile app – still a work in progress but February is the deadline
– Project management & job collaboration